Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new tire for the rear on my 5 Spot. Ride mainly everything in Aliso El Mo Lag Wldrns etc. What your fav rear tire? Gone through a few differents tires.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I recently changed to a UST 2.1 Small Block 8 and I'm very happy with it. It's a fast rolling tire and with the right amount of psi the traction is unbelievable. I ride on hard pack most of the time and use 23psi.

·
Who's riding today?
1,419 Posts
I'm enjoying the Maxxis "HIGH ROLLER". They come in diff sizes. I run the 2.1 on the rear of the BlurLT. I ride them at 35psi (w/tubes). Like the name implies, they ROLL!!!

Kenda Nevegal on the front for steering!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am using the WTB Weirwolf and it pretty much rules. I mostly ride Oaks. Aliso, sometimes the loop,(but you can run anything there) and LCWP. The tire is great. And I have had a lot of tires.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
CEB said:
I'm enjoying the Maxxis "HIGH ROLLER". They come in diff sizes. I run the 2.1 on the rear of the BlurLT. I ride them at 35psi (w/tubes). Like the name implies, they ROLL!!!
!
another highroller fan

·
Registered
7 Posts
depends on your riding style... since you are riding a 5" bike I am going to assume you dont shave your legs and are not overly concerned with every gram.

I am riding a nevigal 2.1 in the rear and 2.3 up front. aggresive tread, solid braking and excellent cornering. The ramped center nobs roll fairly fast too considering how aggresive the overall tread patern is.

I just put the new ExtCavator tire from Kenda and it is a little slower rolling but braking is better and cornering is the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts