Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
got a little rough with the bike out in Dundas today and had to carry it home, but would like to rebuild front wheel. Any ideas?
NOt sure what you are asking for. Do you have pictures of the damage? Rim might be salvagable if its not too tacoed.

If not order a new rim and maybe a few spokes and relace the hub.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Are you asking if you can get another Stan’s rim or are you asking for a suitable replacement rim?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure if pic is here but

I want to find the same rim so I can rebuild the wheel using the american classic hub and the same spokes. I will call stans monday to see if the rim is available anywhere.

Attachments

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
woops wrong size found. I cant find any 29ers on the interweb.... Stans might have some residual stock but looks like that rim has been out of comission for a while. They will probably sugguest the Crest MK3 as a replacement. Best of luck

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I crashed yesteday out in Dundas, went off trail and into some logs. Lucky I didn't get hurt. This is my P2A cx bike, sub 20 pounds and with the racing ralph 700 x 35 it is good on dry but yesteday was muddy and a bit slippier. I will look at the Crest rim as they are available. thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wussed out

Depending what size tires you are running the Grail Mk3 might be a better fit. They are a bit taller but similar width as your ZTRs
The Grail MK3 rim at stans is $140 (105USD) plus shipping and duty, and taxes, spokes are 60 bucks, labour at the LBS is 50 and with tax it all works out to maybe 275 -300 dollars and still a 6 year old hub (front & rear) so I bought a Mavic Crossmax 29er wheelset at MEC for $380 plus tax. They are 1,800 grams,only slightly more than the existing, and a I can pick them up in 2-4 days
Thanks though for your input, see you on the trails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.