Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Everybody I have a medium sized frame of a Kona Stuff, I have an ISIS Bottom Bracket
And i was wondering does anyone have a decent price ISIS Crank that you could recommend me for Trails?
:thumbsup:

TommyLeeWilde TrailBiker!

·
Braille Riding Instructor
1,146 Posts
If you're willing to go the external BB route, I purchased this crank from JensonUSA last summer and it has served me well: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/CR303A00-Shimano+Lx+Fc-M582+Crankset.aspx.

To be sure, there are better cranks out there, but if you're on a budget, that's not a bad deal.

EDIT: I just looked up your bike and I see the silliness of my advice. I can't imagine taking that thing on long trail rides. To each their own.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
The crank on Jenson is probably the best deal out there.

Trying to match a new crank to an existing bottom bracket is putting the cart before the horse, IMO. Bottom brackets are about a $30 part, while cranks are a lot more expensive - better to get something you like, and then worry about the BB.

I have an SLX crank, and I think it's pretty sweet. Mine is a 44/32/22, but it also comes in a 36/22 configuration with a bashguard. If you're riding your bike as intended that might be better for you. ;) You can also remove the large ring from almost any crank and replace it with a bash guard. If you're not also changing to a larger middle ring, that's probably cheaper. Are you planning on any other hardware, like a chain guide?

·
Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
651 Posts
I've been real happy w/ the SLX M660 triple I put on my hardtail last summer. Got it for ~$90 IIRC from Blue Sky Cycling but they didn't have them any more last time I looked.

They made that one in a double w/ a bash as well, might be the same one Andrew is talking about.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
TommyLee said:
Hello, Everybody I have a medium sized frame of a Kona Stuff, I have an ISIS Bottom Bracket
And i was wondering does anyone have a decent price ISIS Crank that you could recommend me for Trails?
:thumbsup:

TommyLeeWilde TrailBiker!
If you want a new crank get an external bottom bracket type....

If you want to replace the ISIS BB and stay with the same crank look at a SKF ISIS BB...

If you ride through water forget the ISIS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.