Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
EDR
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My daughter is 15 and likes all kinds of music but she is just discovering the wonderful music of the 80's that I grew up with (cough, cough). Anyhow she really likes old The Cure, B52's and some others. We also were goofing around on youtube and she really liked some of the stuff off of Michael Jackson's Thriller. I've been to Bestbuy and Target and they have none of that stuff. She is also enamored with Frank Sinatra so I'm looking for that. She's very diverse to say the least, guess Ipod's do that to you

Where in the east Valley still holds a large volume of cd's? Does Tower Records even still exist? If they do they probably sell movies and coffee.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you want to try before you buy, the public library has a pretty amazing catalog (atleast Phoenix does). Everything is pretty well categorized too; well beyond the old dewey decimal.

It's pretty nice because you can do research and place holds online, and pick 'em up in the hold section at the library. If another branch has copy available, they usually will ship it over to your local branch with in a day or two.

Here's a link to the Phoenix Library.
The only problem is that sometimes the disks can pretty scratched up. If they are real bad, I usually don't check 'em out.

I forgot to mention that with Phoenix, you can place three holds and can check out 10 cd's at time

·
EDR
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you can't find the CD's locally, you can download them from iTunes (or whomever) and burn them yourself. You can even print out the album covers.
Can you burn downloaded songs from Itunes to a cd? I thought they prohibited that with encryption, but I've never tried.

Anyhow Itunes is always an option but I was hoping to give a more tactile gift, hence the bizarre need to find Thriller locally.

·
Professional Amateur
446 Posts
I think iTunes can import many file types. Amazon probably offers mp3 (which can easily be converted to AAC in iTunes if you prefer), I leave all my files as mp3 just because I want other programs to be able to read them easily.

I thin the Amazon files are higher quality and do not have DRM. I hate when I go to burn a CD and iTunes informs me for the 300th time I am not authorized to burn the files I paid for and downloaded via itunes.

·
Professional Amateur
446 Posts
UPDATE: I just downloaded an mp3 from Amazon, it's 320 kbps instead of iTunes 192 and has no DRM. You can burn it to a CD no prob and it imports into iTunes just fine. Use itunes to browse the store than buy from Amazon, same price

·
"Yabut"
838 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Can you burn downloaded songs from Itunes to a cd? I thought they prohibited that with encryption, but I've never tried.
Yeah, you can burn iTunes to a CD. I do it all the time. It's right in the iTunes software. All you have to do is first make a playlist of what you want burned. Once you make the playlist, click on it, and a little "Burn CD" button shows up in the lower right corner of the screen.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Sorry don't mean to hijack but...

What is DRM?

and

Does anyone know if there is a way to download iTunes to iPod or disk at the same volume level? I have to adjust my volume depending on the song all the time and makes me :madmax:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.