Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of knee protectors to be used in icy terrain with my Fatback. Last saturday I crashed twice on both my knees. Luckily I wasn't doing more than 10 mph, but still I'd like some knee protection. Which ones can be worn easily over tights in winter conditions? So far I looked at the Fox Launch Pro and the POC.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have 661 4x4, a bit of overkill for biking but for muni, just perfect! I looked at the EVO 661s and would go with those if I had to do it all over again. My 4x4s are bulky!

·
Registered
20 Posts
check out the gform stuff. its like the poc vpd but thinner. lots of dudes here use it here for bmx/mtb, and we even had someone call for a some to wear for snowmobiling. definitely the least obtrusive. next i would say poc, but its a tad bulkier. it would also have to be kept warm enough while you ride too, or the vpd won't work.

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
I wear my 661 evos all day long. The newer 2012 version really wraps around the knee and extends down the shin too. I never ride without a helmet and knee pads.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks for all the replies. I just ordered the 661 Rage and my knees look forward to using them!

·
SnapHappyChappy
12 Posts
I have the Fox Launch Pro.

They're great but my only complaint is the sizing is confusing. I got mediums but the pads still have a tendency to slide down during some rides. I feel I need a small, but then the velcro straps on the calf area would struggle to meet.

I've come off a few times and never suffered any problems. When in place they're very comfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts