Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i ask for info from someone who works at ironhorse about a product they are supposedly going to sell to fix a very playful rear end i have on my 2005 sunday. Yet no one from ironhorse can answer. Their designer and resident forum poster shed some light but no definets.

Next time i should start a thread talking about how sucky the play is in the lower bushings of my bike instead of asking politely i guess.....

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
It's an overseas manufacturing process, not a starbucks latte. It's hard to predict when something like that will be available, even if you know they are done and waiting to ship from Taiwan.

If it's like any other bike manufacturing process, they factory has to finish and shipping 07 bikes (top priority), and then start manufacturing things like separate frames and linkage kits. Then they have to package and ship. They don't bring the kits by air courier, they put them on a big old boat. Stuff sits on the docks for a week. Or two. At any time during this process there is the potential for delays of several days to weeks or months.

Realistically, these were announced months ago as a possible 07 product, and it's only the beginning of February. If you hang around long enough, you will realize that that "bike manufacturer 2007" means spring at the earliest for non-essential items like linkage kits.

Also, this time of year is usually stupid crazy in Tawian because there is a massive trade show and the Chinese New Year coming up.

So... take a deep breath, relax, play nice. Your parts will eventually be available. If you want to know exactly when something is going to be on the market, pre-order the last Harry Potter book from Amazon. It will be at your home on July 21st.:thumbsup:

JMH

snowskilz said:
So i ask for info from someone who works at ironhorse about a product they are supposedly going to sell to fix a very playful rear end i have on my 2005 sunday. Yet no one from ironhorse can answer. Their designer and resident forum poster shed some light but no definets.

Next time i should start a thread talking about how sucky the play is in the lower bushings of my bike instead of asking politely i guess.....

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My point is this. I ask a question and it doesnt get answered by the people who work directly for the company. I call the company and get sent to voicemail 6 times, yes i understand they're busy but for some reason the customer service guy doesnt know the answer and sends me to someone else. every time.

Yet some dillhole flames the heck out of the company and gets all the answers.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
snowskilz said:
My point is this. I ask a question and it doesnt get answered by the people who work directly for the company. I call the company and get sent to voicemail 6 times, yes i understand they're busy but for some reason the customer service guy doesnt know the answer and sends me to someone else. every time.

Yet some dillhole flames the heck out of the company and gets all the answers.
I think I know what you are talking about, but if its the case that I think you are talking about, all of the answers already existed and had been communicated over other channels several times already, so it was easy for someone to repeat them. Your question however, has no concrete answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.