Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there's one thing I have to admit I don't know much about, it's hubs. It's the one thing I've never replaced or upgraded on my bikes. I usually use Hayes 20mm or Marzocchi 20mm.

But I might be looking for a new custom wheelset and will need a standard QR rear and 20mm front hubs. I don't want anything crazy expensive like Chris King or anything. What are some good options? It would be cool to have hubs that I can work on and maybe replace the bearings myself when the time comes.

I'll probably go with a Shimano XT rear, but what about the front? Are Atomic labs anygood? I heard they were rebuildable, or are most 20mm hubs rebuildable?

Are my Hayes DT Hugi 20mm's rebuildable?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
if you can get atomlab hubs then do...the new 05 one are very very nice...and definatly one of the nicest hubs you can but...looks and peformance wise...if over in the US you can get aerial industries then do there an aussie based company who makes kick ass hubs that are completly rebuildable like the atom labs...

im not sure otherwise...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You guys gotta be kidin me, no one else can recommend me a good 20mm hub?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have a Hadley built up with a Doublewide too actually. But it's got some play in the bearings. I need to change them if possible.

If I can get them changed it would be great and save me $$$.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to rebuild my Hadley hub if I could.

Didn't get the Double track yet, trying to get everything organized.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts