Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
KRISDALA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I posted on the Jamis thread, maybe this forum is more appropriate, but here goes

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone please have the answer to this one! The top tube pivot on my 04 Dakar XC will not come apart. I pull the bolt out on one side and when I go to do the other side the aluminum axle inside just spin with the bolt, thus being unable to extract.

I tried putting the other one in and tightening it down to get a good turn on the stubborn side to no avail. I ended up trying to jam an allen wrench in there a applying pressure up or down on the inside of the axle and breaking the bolt free...did not work.

Attached is a drawing of the rear suspension of my bike, note that item #1 is spinning in the top tube shaft as I turn item #4 to remove, unsuccesfully.

Please help me!

http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/tech_l..._TECH_PAGE.pdf

·
Registered
344 Posts
Can you put a small punch into the open side and just press out? From schematic looks like it will work.

·
KRISDALA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny, that was the same suggestion, more or less, that I got in the Jamis forums. Thank you, I will try it tonite whent I get home from work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.