Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Why not post the pics here? I believe the warp was more of a longer travel free ride type bike. I bet it would be good for agresive trail riding. Too soft and heavy for serious racing or comuting. More of a cushy full suspension thats good going down but not efficent on the climbs. I'm not real familar with it so I could be wrong. Post the same question in the Giant forum and check out the reviews

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Bargain AM/FR bike

The Giant Warp DS1 was a pretty burley bike. It was kind of considered an entry level all mountain/freeride bike in its day. If its a newer (2003 or 2004) model in almost new shape, then $500 might not be too bad (but keep in consideration that they sold new for less than $900). They are fairly heavy (35lbs+) but thats not that unusual at this price range on a dual suspension. It'll be kind of big and heavy for riding on the road, but it would be great for what it was made for.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
my first full suspension bike was a Giant Warp DS2. I paid $750 in 2003. It was a great bike for the price, a bit heavy but I didn't know any better then so that was a non issue. Cushy 5" rear suspension and solid components. I believe the DS1 was the top model Warp and was the bike I lusted for after I had settled for the next level down DS2. I was very pleased with where this bike took me. I sold it used to a buddy for $400 and I don't think the bike gets ridden at all anymore. If the bike in question is a Warp DS1 then I would highly recommend it for a first bike and $500 seems reasonable if it is in great shape and not more than acouple years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.