Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
freeridingfreddy said:
Hello, I am new to the area and I have a lbs in Pompton Sprots. Can anyone tell me if this is a quality shop or not? Should i take my business elsewhere?
Thanks
If you were referring to the Trek dealer in Pompton Lakes I would recommend going elsewhere. Nice guy but doesn't seem very knowledgeable about mountain bikes. The Bicycle Source in Pompton Plains is also a very poor choice in that area. They were cut loose from Cannondale and when I asked the employee about it he said "...Those bikes are going to be made in China now ...we don't sell them anymore" Which I found amusing being that he had a showroom full of cheap GTs and low end Giants.
I would check out Geared to Go in Wayne or Pro pedal sports in Oakland, Town Cycle in West Milford is a great shop but a bit of a drive from the Pompton lakes area. Great prices at Towne and they do some local races. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I'll second that recommend for Town Cycle, the owner Mike H. is good. I take all my bikes to Mike now that I am in WM.

Before I moved to WM, I used Pedal Sports in Oakland... the wrench, Chris G. always treated me right.

Finally, I also heard some less than stellar reports about that shop in Pompton. A friend reported that the owner was not so willing to help with problems he had with a bike he bought there. Based upon that story I suspect that he's not the greatest wrench around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cycle Craft is my shop

Maybe a little out of the way but cycle craft in parsippany has one of the best mechanics for free ride stuff. I know they have one or two hothead types there but they have always treated me right. I had a cannondale warranty porblem that my old shop couldn't handle. CC took care of it with a few phonecalls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.