Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Code Burr
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cant remember what the proper oil height on this thing is. Marzocchi's website doesnt even list it for 2001 unless its the xfly. The fork is a 2001 Marzocchi Z2 atom race 80mm . HSCV in right leg, coil and pumping rod in left leg. The manual I have says the oil level is 30mm from top while fully compressed. I think that leaves alot of room for error. I'd rather measure while extended from top down. Does anyone have the proper oil height for this fork?
I've got a brand new bottle of silkolene 10w I'm dying to try in it. Bright red fork oil that looks like kool aid.

·
otb club member
3,086 Posts
According to the Manual...

thebronze said:
I cant remember what the proper oil height on this thing is. Marzocchi's website doesnt even list it for 2001 unless its the xfly. The fork is a 2001 Marzocchi Z2 atom race 80mm . HSCV in right leg, coil and pumping rod in left leg. The manual I have says the oil level is 30mm from top while fully compressed. I think that leaves alot of room for error. I'd rather measure while extended from top down. Does anyone have the proper oil height for this fork?
I've got a brand new bottle of silkolene 10w I'm dying to try in it. Bright red fork oil that looks like kool aid.
01 Z2 Atom Race: Right Leg: 90cc, Left leg: 100cc

And, yes, 30mm from the top, fork compressed, both legs the same, after pumping the rod several times, with springs out.... After that, it's experimentation. If you are not getting full travel, lower the level 5cc or so (assuming spring rate is appropriate for you).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.