Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this NOS Zaskar frame off CL from the original owner. He used to work for the powder coating company in Santa Ana, CA that was contracted by GT in the 90's. According to him, this frame was white (maybe?) when it was given to him by GT. He was developing a color for a motorcycle company and decided to strip and powder coat the frame with that color. First rate powder coating with decals under a clear coat. Anybody have an idea what year? I believe it's made in the USA, there is no stamped serial number anywhere on the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
'97 Zaskar? Lovely paint job.

·
GRAVITY IS GOOD
333 Posts
Not sure exactly what year, but it is a newer model. The original Zaskars had a box type gusset that connected the top and down tubes at the head tube. The newer versions had a gusset under the down tube at the head tube. If you google image Zaskar you can get pics of both versions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the small details of that frame look exactly like my '99 Zaskar LE Team, which also used to be white with red and blue stripes. the seatpost collar, chainstay bridge, and dropouts are all the same.

by the way, i had to get a derailleur hanger from a guy in israel (via ebay) for my frame.

·
Registered
103 Posts
no rear gearhanger by the way

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew it had to be a white Zaskar LE team, I just didn't know what year they came out. I always wanted that frame, so I guess I have it now. Even though it's a great paint job, sort wish it was the original white. Thanks. I think BETD of the UK makes the derailleur hanger.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
99 was the model year on the white LE team. Serial number is on the inside of the left rear dropout along the top edge of the dropout. The powder coat is probably a tad thick there but if you hold it near a light you should be able to read it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Been searching these posts for few hours now and I also need help indentifying my Zaskar correctly...serial number 05911292 as found on the nondrive dropout. It has the non replacable rear drop, maybe a 93? Most importantly importantly though, I need to know the right seatpost and clamp size for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 05 means May and the 91 means 1991.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts