Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no pictures, but, a lot of old abandoned bog's. During the great flood of 05, any thing that was used too control water flow was washed away. The road that went between two bog's has long been washed away, so think of an hour glass laying down, the sand is replaced with water. This works it's way down stream until it gets too our trail. This section has a pool about 15x30 feet, narrows down too an eight foot wide stream, this is ware our bridge gets us across. So far so good. All the dead wood, grass, and anything else that falls into the bog, works it way down too our pool, then collects side ways, and becomes a dam. We clear it out, but it has gotten too the point, that it is a daily operation. The water in the pool backs up and flows onto our trail, flows along side the dam, and into the stream. I'm looking for an answer too this problem. This work needs too be done on the sly, if you know what I mean.

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,383 Posts
Onecog,

I'm finding it pretty hard to visualize your situation here. Some tips on asking for advice:

-What part of the country are you in? State and even region would be helpful.
-Break up paragraphs. It's hard to really focus on one point if you don't separate them.
-Check your spelling and grammar. It will help others understand what you're saying and will make you look better.
-If you can't provide photos at least try to make a sketch in Paint or something.

-If it "needs TO be done on the sly" then you should contact the land owner/manager and obtain permission before doing any work at all.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
My first comment would be to reroute the trail to avoid the bog if possible. If there are reasons you cannot reroute, then you might need to build a turnpike. I'd post a picture, but the only good ones are pdfs.

Here is a great site with CAD drawing of trail features that is very helpful.
Trail Construction Related CAD Drawings and Specifications USFS R6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.