Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ride lots...
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I can use some help/opinions here.

My mom's next door neighbor has a 1999 Haro EX2. It retailed for $1100 back then. It has a Rock Shox Judy C fork, a Rock Shox coil rear shock, LX/XT der group, LX shifters/levers and Avid V-Brakes from what I can remember from when I looked at it today.

I guess his wife bought it for his birthday back in '99 and he doesn't ride. He says he has only ridden it on the street a few times. I totally believe him on that. I have known him for years and he's an honest guy. It's been sitting in his garage for 6 years.

Anyway, he wants to get rid of it and says he'll sell it to me for $500. I am just wondering if it's worth it?? The only reason I am even considering it is because I know it hasn't been ridden. Heres a link with info about it: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike_fu...uct_19108.shtml

Thanks for any help you can give

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
DSDuke said:
Hey guys, I can use some help/opinions here.

My mom's next door neighbor has a 1999 Haro EX2. It retailed for $1100 back then. It has a Rock Shox Judy C fork, a Rock Shox coil rear shock, LX/XT der group, LX shifters/levers and Avid V-Brakes from what I can remember from when I looked at it today.

I guess his wife bought it for his birthday back in '99 and he doesn't ride. He says he has only ridden it on the street a few times. I totally believe him on that. I have known him for years and he's an honest guy. It's been sitting in his garage for 6 years.

Anyway, he wants to get rid of it and says he'll sell it to me for $500. I am just wondering if it's worth it?? The only reason I am even considering it is because I know it hasn't been ridden. Heres a link with info about it: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike_fu...uct_19108.shtml

Thanks for any help you can give
Well, i read the reviews on it, and a very high pecentage of the reviewers had broke their swingarm. Some multiple times. That would have me a little concerned. A few rear shock blow outs too. Older frame design that likely will not climb amazingly compared to today's rides. 3" fork is nothing huge for all mountain purposes either. I guess i would not really reccomend that, but my feelings are based mainly on the reviews.

·
Ride lots...
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing after I read the reviews. Being a "clyde" as well, I don't think that swingarm would stand a chance with me on board.

Thanks for the posts guys :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.