Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have narrowed down my wheelbuild. Im gonna go with a DT swiss 240s on 4.1d rims. I want to build up my wheel so there are dt competitions at the shop. Originally I was going to go with the Supercomps but I cant seem to find them anywhere, our shop doesnt have any and I dont feel like ordering 3 boxes of supercomps.
So should I go with the competitions or the supercomps. I know the supercomps are a bit stronger and II think im only going to be saving 30 gms, but its rotation weight! :D Oh and I ride mostly agressive XC with my NRS (might be a trance soon).

·
recovering racer
172 Posts
Go with Supercomps. They build up fairly easily and are plenty stiff and strong for my 155lbs. PM me for a great source for Supercomps...I got them for around $85 for 64 spokes and alloy nips.

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
mtnbikerdude87 said:
Alright so I have narrowed down my wheelbuild. Im gonna go with a DT swiss 240s on 4.1d rims. I want to build up my wheel so there are dt competitions at the shop. Originally I was going to go with the Supercomps but I cant seem to find them anywhere, our shop doesnt have any and I dont feel like ordering 3 boxes of supercomps.
So should I go with the competitions or the supercomps. I know the supercomps are a bit stronger and II think im only going to be saving 30 gms, but its rotation weight! :D Oh and I ride mostly agressive XC with my NRS (might be a trance soon).
Depends on how much you weigh. Comps will build a more durable wheel than SC's, all else being equal.

You won't notice the extra 30g, but you will notice the extra cash in your wallet. Or, if you don't have a wallet, you'll save enough to buy one...

MC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.