Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bike last night for $50 used. I dont know what it is though. I wrote down everything that was on the bike and I hope you guys here could help me out. It has one problem that I could see at the moment. The left hand shifter is broken and i need to find a replacement.

The bike is a full suspension mountian bike, On the frame it says Pulse, Shimano equipped, vertical, aluminum series, linear pull brakes.

I did a search on google for Pulse, Vertical, Aluminum Series, and came up with nothing, or maybe something and I just didnt realize it!

Anyway, if you could let me know what I have, if it is a decent bike or not. I am using it mainly for riding with my kids on a paved bike path.

Thanx
Casey

·
Registered
65 Posts
Casey,

I don't know how to tellyou this but...no, it is not a decent bike. That is if it is what I am thinking it is. I believe it is a department store bike and probable needs about $50 worth of repairs. Take it to your local bike shop, but don't be shocked if you have to spend more than you paid for it to get it fixed.

Even if you don't do all the repairs please take to a shop and make sure it is safe to ride!

Tad

·
Registered
301 Posts
drummerguy said:
I got a bike last night for $50 used. I dont know what it is though. I wrote down everything that was on the bike and I hope you guys here could help me out. It has one problem that I could see at the moment. The left hand shifter is broken and i need to find a replacement.

The bike is a full suspension mountian bike, On the frame it says Pulse, Shimano equipped, vertical, aluminum series, linear pull brakes.

I did a search on google for Pulse, Vertical, Aluminum Series, and came up with nothing, or maybe something and I just didnt realize it!

Anyway, if you could let me know what I have, if it is a decent bike or not. I am using it mainly for riding with my kids on a paved bike path.

Thanx
Casey
A Vertical is your basic a low end department store bike. You're not going to find any information on those bikes like that on net. They're the $100 bikes you get at Wal-mart or Target. They're having Shimano parts but it really low end stuff. It so low end that Shimano will not acknowledge its exist in any of its literature.

It should be OK for riding along for paved bike path. I see quite a few of these things on our local MUT. Don't expect to break any speed records with it (these thing tend to have massive pedal bob). Whatever you do don't it off road or do any jumping with it, you'll just end up hurting yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Definitely bring it to a bike shop to get it checked out. For riding on pavement u shuld hav no problems, jus be careful on the trails. If u tune it well enuf, it shuld last for years of light riding. (in fact, my first bike years ago was a zellers bike and i had a blast with it :D )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.