Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over in the Jamis forum and thought I would post my question here as well. I am in the process of building up a 2003 Dragon. I was wondering if it would be a problem to put on a 100mm fork. I believe Jamis is putting on 80mm travel forks on their stock bikes. Jenson has a really good deal on the Skareb Elite and was hoping to snatch it up at $219. I am looking for a light fork and I currently have a Black Elite on my Dakar XC and looove the 100mm of travel.

kelly

·
Registered
40 Posts
No problem!

kellyinutah said:
I posted this over in the Jamis forum and thought I would post my question here as well. I am in the process of building up a 2003 Dragon. I was wondering if it would be a problem to put on a 100mm fork. I believe Jamis is putting on 80mm travel forks on their stock bikes. Jenson has a really good deal on the Skareb Elite and was hoping to snatch it up at $219. I am looking for a light fork and I currently have a Black Elite on my Dakar XC and looove the 100mm of travel.

kelly
I upgraded a Trek 4500 from an 80mm fork to a 120mm fork. I love this setup more each time I ride. I run a Black Platinum adjustable from 90mm to 120mm. 90 for uphill, 120 for downhill. I have nothing but good experiences. It is true that your handling might suffer slightly, but I don't know if you'd even notice it. Good fork choice on your Dakar by the way. Anyway, I think you should snatch the Skareb Elite. I even heard about a guy who ordered one from Jenson and ended up with an SPV Elite. You can find that post under Let's Talk About Shocks. Good Luck. Mikey42186

G

·
It's the BANG of the BUCK price

I just ordered the Elite for from Jenson Yesterday and I shold see if I got it with SPV.

I personally think its a good price for that fork, I have to find the kit for the FIRM status in the fork to match my body weight at 210. I think that fork is a bang of the buck for 3.2, I never seen that low before

( I just got back into mountain biking after many years of playing college football and coaching in HS Level)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.