Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 IronHorse Warrior 5.0 RS edition.

I haven't been able to find any info on the bike as far as replacement parts go. I've looked on bikepedia and done lots of google searches.

What I'm in need of knowing is which bb to buy as well as the headset. The current bb on there has the following print on it: fsa mega exo bct 1.73"x24t. The headset is a cane creek vp-a42e. The cranks are fsa gamma drive.

Any and all help is appreciated! Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm trying to avoid. My lbs are great but I'm on a budget and would rather not waste their time with asking a bunch of questions only to not give them my business. I'm doing all the work myself to save money. This is my first bike overhaul but I'm pretty mechanically inclined. The bike is torn apart already. I'm just having issues with looking for the correct bike parts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys!

I have already tried calling IronHorse. The person told me they no longer exist and that's it's now pacific cycles and they have no database for any of the ironhorse brand bikes. I will see if cane creek and fsa can help me out.

Slapheadmofo, thank you for your help. The warriors in bikepedia are fs, whereas my bike is a hard tail so I don't think the frames are quite the same.

·
My little friends
652 Posts
You can always order the parts from your LBS, then install them yourself; that's what I do. Take the BB and headset with you; they can probably ID what you have pretty quickly, and offer several levels of quality and pricing. My shop's prices are very much inline with what I can buy online and have shipped to me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I did some poking around on Bikepedia at Warrior hardtails from that era and they're all listing 1 1/8" Zerostack headsets in the spec. I also had a Warrior hardtail from 2007, I think and it had a Zerostack as well if I remember correctly.

For the bottom bracket, just give FSA a call and tell them what's printed on the BB and they should be able to tell you what to order. I do agree with the above, though. Best bet is to take it to the shop even if you intend to do the install yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts