Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over in the Jamis forum and thought I would post my question here as well. I am in the process of building up a 2003 Dragon. I was wondering if it would be a problem to put on a 100mm fork. I believe Jamis is putting on 80mm travel forks on their stock bikes. Jenson has a really good deal on the Skareb Elite and was hoping to snatch it up at $219. I am looking for a light fork and I currently have a Black Elite on my Dakar XC and looove the 100mm of travel.

kelly

·
Registered
170 Posts
same position....

kellyinutah said:
I posted this over in the Jamis forum and thought I would post my question here as well. I am in the process of building up a 2003 Dragon. I was wondering if it would be a problem to put on a 100mm fork. I believe Jamis is putting on 80mm travel forks on their stock bikes. Jenson has a really good deal on the Skareb Elite and was hoping to snatch it up at $219. I am looking for a light fork and I currently have a Black Elite on my Dakar XC and looove the 100mm of travel.

kelly
Kelly,

I have a 2003 Dragon in the works as well, sad to say until now its still a frame, but I just got a '04 FOX100RLT for it, will try it 1st on this setup, if I'm not satified with result, I can just lower it to 80 by tranferring the spacer from my Vanilla.

Gave me idea to try since the head tube angle 70.5 and made some rough calculation (cant find it now) with given A to C measurements, I might be able to use 100mm travel fork (unless my calculation's wrong...duh!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.