Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building up a 2003 Dragon. I was wondering if it would be a problem to put on a 100mm fork. I believe Jamis is putting on 80mm travel forks on their stock bikes. Jenson has a really good deal on the Skareb Elite and was hoping to snatch it up at $219. I am looking for a light fork and I currently have a Black Elite on my Dakar XC and looove the 100mm of travel.

kelly

·
Registered
252 Posts
kellyinutah said:
I am in the process of building up a 2003 Dragon. I was wondering if it would be a problem to put on a 100mm fork. I believe Jamis is putting on 80mm travel forks on their stock bikes. Jenson has a really good deal on the Skareb Elite and was hoping to snatch it up at $219. I am looking for a light fork and I currently have a Black Elite on my Dakar XC and looove the 100mm of travel.

kelly
The bike is designed around an 80 mm fork. A 100 mm though it would work, will throw off the head angle effecting steering and control.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J-RAD said:
The bike is designed around an 80 mm fork. A 100 mm though it would work, will throw off the head angle effecting steering and control.
Thanks. That was what I was afraid of. I think I will build it up with an 80mm fork. I plan on racing this bike and I need handling and precision to be very true.

Thanks again for the input!

kelly

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 2Cents

I built up a Dakota this spring, went with a Marz Comp at 85mm and could feel it pulling up enough to switch out the stem with a 5 degree instead of the 10 I think was originally spec'd on it.

The Dakota and the Dragon share the geometry, why mess up such a good thing...

See you on the Crest, I'll keep my eyes open for that sweet dragon flying past me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts