Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am building a surly 1x1. have white ind eno cranks. need square tapered bb and am confused on what i need. the 1x1 frame highlights mention 73mm threaded english 1.37x24t. i have found a few inexpensive options for bb's but am confused. i can not find any reference to the 1.37x24t. all i find is 73mmx122.5 or something similar. can anyone help me figure this out?

·
Registered
643 Posts
73MM = Frame BB Shell Width
122.5 = BB spindle length

1.37 = internal diameter of the frame's BB shell (peak to peak of the threads)
24t= 24 TPI (threads per inch), the thread pitch of the frame's BB shell threads

1.37x24t = English threading, which is now pretty much the standard of all threaded bottom brackets. Any modern threaded bottom bracket (square taper, pipe spindle, outboard bearing) will work with your 1x1, unless otherwise noted (mostly just the few Italian and french threaded cartridge BBs).

All you need is a square taper (for your eno cranks) bottom bracket designed for a 73mm shell. As far as spindle length, that all depends on what rear hub you have, and what chainline you need to achieve.

A lot of people like the Phil Wood square taper bottom brackets with the Eno cranks. I have always been impressed with Shimano's BBs, both in terms of price, durability and performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.