Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nasi0ne
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im from the uk and just purchased a santa cruz blur ltc frame. it has a tapered head tube as you all know. I'm looking to buy a pair of 2011 rockshox revs RLT TI Dual air, seems like the best fork available in this travel at the moment. Only thing is im really struggling to find this fork with a tapered steerer. The only one i can find is the World Cup model with a carbon tapered steerer, which is way out of my price range. Just wondered if anyone knows if rockshox are doing this fork with the tapered steerer for 2011, if not if theres any solutions...... :/ Cheers in advance!

·
Nasi0ne
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, if they defo go for it in tapered ill just have to keep looking and pick up one of those. Yea i thought there might be a stepdown headset, does this compromise on the stiffness of the fork at all??

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Nasi0ne said:
Ok, if they defo go for it in tapered ill just have to keep looking and pick up one of those. Yea i thought there might be a stepdown headset, does this compromise on the stiffness of the fork at all??
The tapered steerer will be noticeably stiffer than a straight 1 1/8 steerer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
NasiOne

I have had a lot of discussion with my LBS, they say Fishers are not bringing any RS Sektors with tapered steerers into the UK for some reason.

I have just purchased a Butcher and have had to go for a 1 1/8 steerer.

Took me a while to get my head round what headset I needed, thought I could go Cane Creek but the top & bottoms cups we need are scarce in the UK.

I am going for a Hope one now......

1 1/8 top cup integrated (zero stack) - Think your Blur will need, just check on SC Site.
1.5 Bottom cup external cup
Crown Race reducer
Head Doctor top cap

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.