Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to add one. I keep getting error messages about the picture being too big, but I can't seem to reduce it small enough. So I try a cartoon avatar and the website acts like I didn't try to add anything at all.

Anyone else have these sorts of problems? I don't seem to have a problem adding avatars to other websites (quizzical look on face).

TY

NY

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I usually find a picture that I want online, Save it to my computer, and then use a photo-editing program to crop and resize the pic--I usually use Adobe Photoshop. However, I think you could get away with basic paint in cropping and resizing the picture. Remember though, the photo must not be larger than 80x80 pixels and the size (kb) is large enough on this board that you shouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
How are you trying to reduce

Here's a few things that may help:

1. Save it as a jpg or gif
2. reduce file size to 80 pixels by 80 pixels max.
3. reduce resolution to 72 dpi (dots per inch)

if all else fails send me a private message asking for my email address and I'll go ahead and take care of it for ya (kinda what I do for a living)

hasta

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.