Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

One of my buddies is new to mtb'ing and I found him a 99 XCR 4000. The problem is the owner wants to know what the bike would go for on ebay,etc before he'll sell it. He has no idea and only rode it casually for two years, since then its hung upside down in his garage.
He says its in "prestine condition." I've looked at it (haven't ridden it) and it looks fine. Other than a quick tuneup, new tires and tubes, it should be fine. I don't have any experience with GTs. Anybody know a resonable price?

BTW, the owner is kind of a prick and knows zilch about mtb's, i.e. said "this was the nicest mountain bike made in 99" and the bike is yellow so of course "this is the same model lance rides when he rides mountain bikes" so i'm assuming a lowball won't fly.

Thanks for the help!!

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,883 Posts
beer weasel said:
Hey guys,

One of my buddies is new to mtb'ing and I found him a 99 XCR 4000. The problem is the owner wants to know what the bike would go for on ebay,etc before he'll sell it. He has no idea and only rode it casually for two years, since then its hung upside down in his garage.
He says its in "prestine condition." I've looked at it (haven't ridden it) and it looks fine. Other than a quick tuneup, new tires and tubes, it should be fine. I don't have any experience with GTs. Anybody know a resonable price?

BTW, the owner is kind of a prick and knows zilch about mtb's, i.e. said "this was the nicest mountain bike made in 99" and the bike is yellow so of course "this is the same model lance rides when he rides mountain bikes" so i'm assuming a lowball won't fly.

Thanks for the help!!
An XCR 4000 was the second from the bottom of the line for XCRs. Even if it was brand new $200-$300 would be all it is worth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thats a great deal mr gt. My buddy is a huge guy, though, 6'3, about 260+

Thanks everybody for the help. I think they agreed on $300 as the price, considering it needs new tires, tubes, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.