Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the same post in the fat bike forum, but it was suggested I try here.

Long story short. I'm looking to replace my XD driver on my DT Swiss 350 hub with a Shimano road free hub (Star Ratchet). I have searched but cannot not figure out a part number for this and also I need end caps to work with 12x197mm rear spacing. Any help?

·
since 4/10/2009
34,598 Posts
why the road freehub body and not the mtb one?

the 11spd road one is wider than mtb, and won't necessarily fit.

One potential fit note is mentioned on this page
https://wheelbuilder.com/dt-swiss-freehub-kits-all-shimano-road-mtb/

The other fit issue you have to pay attention to is whether the cassette will fit in the frame. Some frames put the seatstay and chainstay with VERY tight clearance to the small cog. The 11spd road freehub body will basically space the cassette slightly outboard which may cause problems with that tight clearance to the frame.

I would want to ensure I have EXACT dimensions so I could measure TF out of everything to ensure it'll fit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why the road freehub body and not the mtb one?

the 11spd road one is wider than mtb, and won't necessarily fit.

One potential fit note is mentioned on this page
https://wheelbuilder.com/dt-swiss-freehub-kits-all-shimano-road-mtb/

The other fit issue you have to pay attention to is whether the cassette will fit in the frame. Some frames put the seatstay and chainstay with VERY tight clearance to the small cog. The 11spd road freehub body will basically space the cassette slightly outboard which may cause problems with that tight clearance to the frame.

I would want to ensure I have EXACT dimensions so I could measure TF out of everything to ensure it'll fit.
Looking for closer spacing with the small cogs. ie, 15,16,17,18 instead of 2 teeth jump from most cassettes. I spoke with DT Swiss and they hooked me up with the part number for both the road cassette and the end caps.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,598 Posts
Looking for closer spacing with the small cogs. ie, 15,16,17,18 instead of 2 teeth jump from most cassettes. I spoke with DT Swiss and they hooked me up with the part number for both the road cassette and the end caps.
Hope the cassette winds up fitting without frame interference

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.