Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm noticing I have some flex in my rear wheel and its also causing my possible problem with my rear disc to rub against the pads when I get on the bike, but its fine on the stand. I want to make sure its not the hub causing this flex, but this is my first time doing this. What is the proper procedure? Oh and I included a diagram if it will help. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. Thanks

For future reference if anyone knows how to properly adjust this rear hub, can you provide me the proper steps?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Does your set of xc ones have a preload adjustment sleeve? It should sit inside the rotor side end cap and you can rotate it with a small allen key to add or release some bearing preload. But as mentioned by other posters, no clunk means proper adjustment.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Reviving an old thread here... Ok so my Easton XC One rear hub IS clunking when moving it side-to-side. Do I use the +/- adjusters on either side of the hub to tighten and tune this out? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Found it. Just turn the pre-load adjuster clockwise a bit using the end of a spanner tool and done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts