Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im thinkin of buildin up a DJ/MTX bike. i am planin on buyin a Azonic Steel Head and i want it 26/24, will a 26/24 set up be good for mtx racin or should i make it 26/26 or 24/24. its gonna be SS (cause there are no rules about havin a RD at r local races) also what chain ring sizes should i run, and lastly what fork should i buy. i am contomplatin between the Marz. DJ 1,DJ 2, DJ 3, Z 1, or a 66 w/ travle reduckion from Nemimis bikes. o ya what wheele set should i buy?

thanks Sombrio

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
just go 26/26 IMO. you could try 24/24 but i would go for 26. for the wheelset go for some azonic outlaws. for the chainring probably around a 36 or so tooth. for the fork i would personally check out a pike and run it on 95mm.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
i would saay 26" for racing, but i know a few peeps who swear by 24"s including myself, although i don't race hehe. i'd get more a shorter travel fork (fox or rs pike mabye), and a race like frame (blk mrkt mob or riot, or a nemesis secret agent).

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well kinda want to stick w/ a Marzocchi fork, my friend has a RS Pike and he cant stand it, its always leakin and it is way to soft even w/ stronger springs. also it would many be for DJ/Urban, there is only 3 4X races a year and its more of just all the local riders getin together for a day of fun and just like a huge DJ party. and its not really a competituve just fun

·
Registered
680 Posts
The new P3 frames are BAD ASS I love them. As far as a fork goes I would check out the 36TAL you can dump the travel down for 4Cross and DJs and bring it up for trails.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
themontashu said:
The new P3 frames are BAD ASS I love them. As far as a fork goes I would check out the 36TAL you can dump the travel down for 4Cross and DJs and bring it up for trails.
it's a lot of $$$ the pike is somewhat as good but for less, but man it would really be Bad @$$ if you could put the 36mm stanctions on that bike.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
if you really want to stick with a marz fork get a dj1 or 2, i only suggested the pike because its lighter and has many adjustment feachers, but in reality a marz dj fork will work great for 4x, dj and urban.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
just bear in mind u need 3 working gears to race NORBA without automatic DQ...

I would go for a marz dj 2 if you want something that will take crazy abuse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.