Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to get back into mountain biking after 13 long years off! My wife would like to ride with me on the trails from time to time which I'm stoked about! So right now I am in the market for a capable mountain bike that will hold up nicely to moderate trail riding. My wife is 5'3" and about 115 pounds.

We are looking at the GT Avalanche 2.0 Hydraulic Disc which PB has for $550. Is there a better/lighter bike that I have missed for that price range?

Also, she told me that she wanted the pink one. And it is PINK..... all PINK!! I know that this is what she wants and it is important to me that she likes the bike, but I'm afraid that after being on the trails a few times that she will feel silly that she has a bike thats ALL PINK!! Do any of you ladies have bikes that are very girly, but at the same time not totally barbie?

Thanks for the help!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am building a fixed gear bicycle out of my old Trek 400 steel road frame. It has some pink in it but, very little. It's mostly black with a WTB pink/black saddle and pink anodized cranks, and pedals. The rest is black.

All my other bikes are not too girly because that is just not me or what I like. If that is what your wife wants (a pink bike) then, I say go for it.

·
Dudette
1,475 Posts
If that is what your wife wants and it'll get her out riding - then go for it! Color choice is very personal for both men and women...and if she wants to rock the pink - good for her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.