Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the trails around here are finally melting, I have been getting out on my 10+ year old Klein hardtail. I love how it handles, but am tired of standing up over all the rocks. I want to get a full suspension bike, but can't figure out what to get.

My husband has a Yeti 575 and loves it, but it may be too much bike for me. I want a good XC bike that's built for short girls like me (I'm 5'3").

Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm willing to spend $2000 or so.

I'd like a good combo for climbing and downhill. I don't enjoy lift served riding,
but I live in Breckenridge, and have endless singletrack out my door. It varies from smooth trails to rocky, technical stuff.

At this point, I am thinking a WSD would be good for me, as my road bike is a Specialized WSD, and I like having the smaller cranks, shifteres, etc. since I am short.

I'm sure I just need to demo some bikes to get a feel for them. So far I have demoed a 575 and had some trouble getting used to the much different geometry than my old Klein.

Thanks again for any input!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mtnchick said:
Now that the trails around here are finally melting, I have been getting out on my 10+ year old Klein hardtail. I love how it handles, but am tired of standing up over all the rocks. I want to get a full suspension bike, but can't figure out what to get.

My husband has a Yeti 575 and loves it, but it may be too much bike for me. I want a good XC bike that's built for short girls like me (I'm 5'3").

Any ideas?
Yeti makes the 575 in an XS, but I think a Yeti AS-R in an XS would be a nice, lightweight FS rig for you. I was actually going to get one myself, but recently changed my order to a Moots. The AS-R is probably a little out of your price range though. The frame alone retails at $1599. You might look at the Santa Cruz Juliana. I've seen those in your price range, depending on component selection of course, and they seem like a nice bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I definitely think I am leaning toward the Yeti 575. I talked to the guys that own the shop in town that sells them, and got some good info. I am going to demo a size small this week, and hopefully try the xsmall on the 4th of July when the Yeti reps are here for the Firecracker 50 race. I am also looking at the Santa Cruz Blur.

Anybody try the xsmall 575 yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.