Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Guys and Gals,

I have an Iron Horse Azure Expert that I bought back in 05' from Performance Bikes. I understand now that Iron Horse went out of business.

I am trying to find replacement frame suspension components for the bike. The suspension has gotten awfully creaky/squeeky and I need to replace all of the nylon bushings/fittings to try to get things quieted down.

Are there any vendors who might stock the necessary parts? If not, are these parts universal parts and pieces that can be bought from a non-bike source?

Thanks for any and all help!

Greg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
Thanks much! That is a good start. The company supplies the bearings only. The tech I talked to on the phone didn't have a list for the applicable bolts, etc. for completing the job.

Do you happen to have the parts list for the bolts and such that goes with the bearings?

Is there a DIY guide for replacing the bearings for this bike?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Greg

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Why do you need new bolts, are the old ones stripped?

You can always take the bolts down to a store that specializes in bolts and screws and match them up. Iron Horse's customer service was a joke when they were in business...they're new owner is Dorel (also owns C'Dale, Schwinn. Mongoose, GT) but they intend it to be a Sporting Goods store brand the last I heard. Since they no longer have access to the DW-Link and pretty sure lost their ICT agreement with Ellsworth I assume they will be mostly irrelevant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.