Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys! i need help in identifying my mountain bike. The emblem says "GT" on the frame but i dont really know if it is really a GT and what model. I just bought this bike and i just like to know what is the model of the frame and if it is indeed GT. I'll still ride it even if it is identified as a fake. LOL! It handles well and i like it!! Thanks!!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm fairly certain that is not a GT. That is the weirdest bike tubing I've ever seen, in fact it looks almost like bamboo. Where did you find the bike?

Drew

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Is that a 24" or 26" bike? It's kind of difficult to tell from the angles. Cool looking bike though.

Edit- NM. Saw the link Sasquatch posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. i bought this bike here in the philippines. it is 26" and the frame is aluminum although the bike looks like a bamboo. by the feel of the frame, its is very sturdy and light. if this is not a Gt, then what is it then? i have seen the EXITWAY and it looks like it but i cant confirm. help pls! Thanks!!! ^_^

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Its definately the same frame Sasquatch posted. I doubt more than one company made a bike like that. Whatever the case its a sweet bike. I like the frame. I personally would take off the GT stickers. But that's just my opinion. Now go ride that thing ! I heard there are some descent places to ride in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@biohazard74 - i would definitely take of the GT stickers off. So it is an exitway bamboo 26". is this a good brand? looks cool though. ^_^

·
Hi.
3,865 Posts
ianpaul7 said:
is this a good brand? looks cool though. ^_^

Define good? And as long as you like it, who cares!

(Translation: no, your bike is not what most would consider "good." It's entry-level. But hey, at least it has a unique design...)

·
Registered
563 Posts
If just for leisure ride, shouldn't be a problem. Try not to ride aggressively on that bike. The bamboo looking serrations looks like a stress points?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its definately the same frame Sasquatch posted. I doubt more than one company made a bike like that. Whatever the case its a sweet bike. I like the frame. I personally would take off the GT stickers.
i already did take off the stickers!!! i love it!!! nice suggestion dude!!

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
Leave it to the Pinoys to start mis-labeling bikes....very badoy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is an Exitway Bamboo. And it is very nice. Yes it has been mislabeled. But not all pinoys do that. So pls dont put a tag on filipinos. I am a "pinoy" myself. Thanks!! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts