Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me for sure what frame and possibly what fork this is? I just bought the bike and the kid said it was a Black Market. Im not so sure, but I dont know much about them. It has vertical dropouts and the geometry looks right, but the fact it doesnt have the bracket on the left side rear triangle has me skeptical.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the crappy pics, they are the ones the kid sent me. I can take more detailed and higher res pics later tonight.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The fork is a Marzocchi but not sure of the model.

If the frame is a black market, it may be stamped on the gusset where the down tube contacts the head tube.

·
Registered
471 Posts
compared to my Black Market, several differences: missing the laser-cut bridges, the headtube is cut differently, brake mount/dropout shaped weird and missing a cut-out, gusset on the DT is too big, plus is that a regular headset?.... it may be a BM but if it is it's an old one or a proto. They did make some with vertical drops, and I think the brake bridge was added later. BM or not, it looks like a fun ride!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I know what you mean. Yeah the headset is internal, its just the top cap that is exposed. I was questioning it from the get go, but considering the other parts on the bike and how everything is in good shape, I bought it anyway. I would like to figure out what kind of frame it is though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't find any markings on the frame other than the serial #. I might try and call Black Market and ask them if the serial # is one of theirs or not. At this point I highly doubt it is though. Oh well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think so. The serial # on the frame reads C5D003, so if anyone recognizes that it would be a big help. There are no other markings of any kind on there.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
My 07 Eastern Night Train has a different style S/N (more letters and numbers) and doesn't really share any defining characteristics. But Eastern put out the Night train, Mad Dog, Trail digger 26, and Thunderbird and designs have changed a lot over the years so who knows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts