Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm really at a loss. My friend gave me an old bike a couple of years ago for helping him move, and it's been just sitting in my garage for the last 5+ years. So when I was cleaning my garage I noticed it's a Cannondale, but I can not for the life of me figure out which model it is. I've tried downloading the Cannondale app and searched for the registry number, but it appears the bike is to old to be in the database. From the registry number and reading various websites I'm pretty sure it's a model from 2005 - which seems about right. Is there any way of finding out the name of this model though? Appreciate all help!

20210718_154429.jpg

·
Cycologist
8,209 Posts
I think it's a Bad Boy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think it's a Bad Boy.
I concur. I looked at one of those in 2009 or so when I was living in Manhattan and thinking of a commuter bike, as I could probably have ridden to work faster than taking the subway. An MTB would have been overkill for the potholes and too much of a speed tradeoff, but the Bad Boy (especially the model that had a Lefty fork) would have been good for NYC streets.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can confirm, this is a Bad Boy Ultra Hybrid. Basically Cannondale took their F-series hardtail mountain bike, threw on a ridged fork and made it into a bombproof commuter/fitness bike. They are great all around bikes that only came in black color. Some had the option for a small travel front shock. Think of this bike like a gravel/MTB hybrid. You could easily throw on some bigger 29er tires and hit the trails with confidence.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, thanks to all for your insights. I was thinking of letting this bad boy (pun inteded) go, but it is a rather cool bike, so maybe I'll hang on to it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, thanks to all for your insights. I was thinking of letting this bad boy (pun inteded) go, but it is a rather cool bike, so maybe I'll hang on to it. Thanks again!
Yeah, this is a pretty awesome bike. Especially with the hydraulic disk brakes. Throw some chunky Gravel tires on it and ditch the mud guards! I would be happy riding this most places.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Yeah, it's a still a fine urban style bike if it fits you.

P.S. I fixed the link to the specs above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts