Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm looking for a new bike for mountain trail riding but i'm not sure what bike to get. I'm more interested in gary fishers than anything else. I'm somewhat of a beginner but looking for a bike that will last me for as long as I ride. I am looking at the king fisher 2, the cake 2, and the sugar 293. If you have any suggestions please post.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Smalls533 said:
ok but i have another question. Is full suspention really worth spending the extra money or should i go with a hardtail.
That is a good question. It depends on how determined you are about riding, if you want to ride every once in awhile save the money & get a well speced hardtail for about $600. If you plan on riding 1-3 times a week it will depend on what thype of riding you want to do, XC, AM, FR, DH, DJ, Urban/Park. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if I were to go with a full suspension bike would you recomend the Ibex apogee expert LX over say the gary fisher cake series of bikes or the Ibex ignition 3. Or what bike would you recomend around the $1500 range that has full suspension.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Smalls533 said:
Well if I were to go with a full suspension bike would you recomend the Ibex apogee expert LX over say the gary fisher cake series of bikes or the Ibex ignition 3. Or what bike would you recomend around the $1500 range that has full suspension.
I would go for the Ibex Apogee Sport LT since the Expert LX is out of stock. You could always call & talk to them they are very friendly people. :)

1-888-741-1464

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.