Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I am new to this forum and decided to come to you guys for some opinions on purchasing a new bike. Anyways, I'm 5'1" petite build about 120 pounds. I live in the San Francisco/Bay Area, where there's a couple of dirt paths and mountainous areas. I'm looking for a bike that's durable and a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. I'm look to spend less $300 and I am willing to buy used if it is in good condition. Can you guys give me some good choices of which bikes to choose, also can you give any recommendations of where I should buy the bike from, i.e-internet, shops in the Bay Area... Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
at your stature

finding a good fit will be a bit of a challenge. Most less-costly bikes are one size: big.

I suggest you check out www.roaringmousecycles.com (Bay shop) and see what they can do for you. The owner is an MTBR 'r and knows bike fit extremely well. He was able to get my wife a small demo bike at a large discount.

As for Chris,

Good luck, Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.