Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between sunglasses for the purpose of 80% riding on paved paths and 20% more mountain bike specific paths (I'm very new to all of this and getting my bike on Monday).

I've narrowed down my 4 choices for sunglasses to:

1. Oakley M2 (Note, I can't find a Prizm Road lens, only Prizm Golf)

2. Oakley Jawbreaker with Prizm Road + possibly Prizm Trail

3. Rudy Project Ergomask (not sure what lens to get)

4. Rudy Project Airblast (not sure what lens to get)

Any chance some of you could provide advice as to what to get here sunglass wise and lens wise?

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between sunglasses for the purpose of 80% riding on paved paths and 20% more mountain bike specific paths (I'm very new to all of this and getting my bike on Monday).

Any chance some of you could provide advice as to what to get here sunglass wise and lens wise?

Thanks!

My recommendation are glasses that provide the least obstructive view and don't fog. My personal favorites are smith pivlocks because they have NO frame to look over or around (Rudy projects are close, but still have some framing) which makes for great visibility and they don't fog....also interchangeable lenses are great (pivlocks come with 3 lenses) depending on conditions, weather, and personal preferences.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

Thanks!

My recommendation are glasses that provide the least obstructive view and don't fog. My personal favorites are smith pivlocks because they have NO frame to look over or around (Rudy projects are close, but still have some framing) which makes for great visibility and they don't fog....also interchangeable lenses are great (pivlocks come with 3 lenses) depending on conditions, weather, and personal preferences.....
Hey thanks,

I actually tried the Pivlock v2 Max and Arena Max last night but they didn't fit me right. I wanted to like them though :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts