Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a bike, but not sure which one? After a lots of research in bike and types of riding I would classify myself as wanting to ride all mountain and a bit if free riding. I love jumps, nothing more than like 8ft but I still want a bike that can climb decently, while able to rip down trails and take some big hits off jumps, my price range is 4000$ tops! Which I know isant that great for what I'm looking for? Is it? I'm totaly lost! I've been looking at the sb66, nomad, and the Jekyll 3, seeing as I think they would fit my desires.what size forks should I bee looking for? Travel? I'm a beginer so no information is dumb or too much! But I really could use some information and or suggestions! Anything would help! Thankyou

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Get the red one. Scientific studies have shown that red is the fastest color.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you dont want anything smaller than 34 stanchions probably, and im guessing about 130-160 in terms of travel. the jekll is a sweet ass ride, but you would want to first set up that pull shock in the back. once you figure it out it is really nice though. Another option would be a cannondale trigger. you get slightly less travel, but you get the same fox dyad shock as the jekll. from what is sounds like, you would be fine w/ the 130 travel on the trigger. if you go for a trigger, get the trigger 3, not the 4, and get the burlier Fox for, and the dropper post, which it sounds like you would benefit from.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I say the sb66 , then again that's what I ride ! But the nomad is a sick bike that can do it all ! At this category it depends witch bike you like better . You will end up loving witch ever one you get !i think the switch tech is a better climber than the VPp

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts