Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Uit Nederland
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going riding tomorrow in Great Falls, and was wondering what kind of tire I should get.
When I was riding last weekend in Gambrills I was losing traction like crazy, the rear tire is almost bald. I heard the Panaracer Fire XC Pros are good, right now I have a pair of Ritchey ZMAX Milleniums with the blue sidewall, and those tires have been awesome but I can't seem to find the same ones. I found the same model numbers, but they don't have the same blue sidewall (not sure this makes a difference or not). Anyways, I am looking to get some help on a tire I can go buy later at my local Performance Bike shop (they close at 9PM).

·
Registered
451 Posts
Umm..location doesn't help much..least I'm not gonna go do the research and find out where the heck the Great Falls is, you mean Niagara? Tell us the terrain instead, type of bike, stle of riding, etc...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Panaracer Fire

I've riden the Panaracer Fire Pros for years. I recently switched to the hutchinson python in the front to lower roling resistance while increasing surface area, but for overall traction in the back, you can't really go wrong with the Panaracer Fire's. The only problem I've ever had was in wet clay, but no tire is great in that.

Bottom line: I recommend the Panaracer Fire Pro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.