Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im Lookin to buy my first moutain bike, i want to use it mainly on flat roads, and maybe occasional trails, no jumping or large drops or downhill stuff.
I want to get a bike where your in an upright position, i hate leaning over while riding bikes. I also want the bike to be as light as possible! (less then 30lbs for sure) im lookin to spend around 500, but could go little higher (700) if it would be for something much better or lighter.

so far im considering.

specialized rockhopper, trek 6500 (non disc), gf marlin.. Which of these you think would be best for what im lookin for?

thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would go to your LBS and try them all out. Go with the one that feels the best and puts you where you want to be. Might also check out the GF Tassajara, the shop over here sells them for just under 500 with discs, my hubby had one as his first bike and said it had him pretty upright.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The gary fisher marlin and tass. have long top tubes. My marlin has a stretched out feel that I tend to like. It may not be as upright of a riding position that your talking about. I found that the specialized hardrock and rockhopper had a more upright feel to them. If you look at the entry level Marin bear valley I think, It has a steel frame and sits a lot more upright then most bikes. It is in your prie range, has the forgiving ride of a steel frame, but may be heavier then 30lbs. Check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.