Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a traveling job and I need some help finding a bike rack that will work for my company vehicle. It's a 2010 Ford Transit. It does not have a hitch. It has ladders on the roof and the inside is full of work-related gear. The only thing I can think of is to try using one of those strap on racks like the ones you see people put on their trunk lids. My thinking was to strap it to one or both of the back doors. Does anyone know of a rack that would work for me? Below if a generic picture of the van.

10_transcon_whiterear.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advise anyone can offer!

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
Hitches are removable in half an hour.
Then your rack options include the 1Up.

Otherwise just make something out of wood with old tubes to cushion it.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
re organize the cargo area and put it inside. I dont think the strap kind is going to be great with those doors and it would be really inconvenient.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you are traveling for work then you really can't leave the bike on an outside rack while parked somewhere. Take the front wheel off and get bags for the now fairly compact bike and wheel. Might even fit behind the driver's seat that way. Otherwise in the cargo area.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'm either going to go with the 1UP rack or a bike case. Both have their benefits. With the rack I can carry more than one bike, while with the case the bike is out of the weather. I'm not sure whether or not the cases can be loaded onto an airplane or not. Either way is not cheap for sure.

Largest Pro Bike Travel Case ABS Hard Shell 4 Wheels w Wheel Bags Frame | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts