Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a string of P7 LEDs with stars collecting dust and wanted to put them to use. They will be used without reflectors or optics. I'm looking for an inexpensive circuit or driver that can drive 3-4 P7s with a 12-15v source. I'd like to be able to try to drive them at different levels to see what type of heat I can dissipate. I can't drive them too hard since I won't be able to sink allot of heat. I don't have allot of room for the heat sink. Does anyone have any ideas? Could s simple resistor circuit work? If so, how?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
1000mA Adjustable Buckpuck (ledsupply.com) seems like it would suit you. If your power source is in the 12V-15V range. you can connect your LEDs in series and run up to 1A. That's about 35% of the max a P7 can do, but it will still be a decent amount of light. Without optics or reflectors though it's only going to light up about 6 feet in front of you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I like that it's adjustable so that I can find the sweet spot. So I'm guessing driving the P7 at 35% isn't going to generate too much heat. Do you think I'll need a heat sink beyond the star?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.