Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
20,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the VPP bearing press tool.

Below are pics of the bearing press out; and press in tool.

I have one bad bearing, that is indexing, and should be replaced.

I have studied the Link http://www.santacruzmtb.com/tech/blur_tech.pdf

I can't quite figure out how to press the bearing out. The Blur Tech sheet doesn't give any close up pics, or detailed descriptions. What is the order of parts on the press out bolt stack? What are some of the funny little slots and things used for on the parts??

If somebody can explain this to me, help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
It really depends on which bearing needs replacing. The tool I received some time ago looks very different than yours.

Find the cylinder round piece that is the same size as the bearing. This is the part of the tool that will be PUSHING the bearing out. For the othre side of the bearing (the side it will be pushed out towards) you will need one of the larger pieces that the nut will be tightened against. This piece will be resting against the frame most likely. When you tighten the bolt, the smaller piece will force the bearing out of its place. To put the bearing back in, you reverse the cylinder pieces (use the small one to push the bearing in this time). Dont forget the red locktite for the bearings!

·
Registered
318 Posts
the large bolt is for the lower link bearings. the small one for the upper link ones. the large diameter cylinders are for pressing the lower link bearings, the smaller ones for the different size uppers. the large cylinder with the cutouts is for pressing the bearings out. I couldn't figure out what the plate was for. Maybe you can let us know when you find out :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.