Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ian Limburg
*Custom* 2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt 770 MSL
114 Posts
I don't know how to answer most of your questions but here's the type of handlebar I'd do, there are a couple I recommend on the cheaper end of the spectrum...

and my personal favorite...

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes!!
Ian

·
Ian Limburg
114 Posts
I don't know how to answer most of your questions but here's the type of handlebar I'd do, there are a couple I recommend on the cheaper end of the spectrum...

and my personal favorite...

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes!!
Ian
Whoops, I apologize. The RaceFace bars on there are not desirable for DH so I's ignore those

·
Registered
Race face ,e thiirten,fox,rock shox.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoops, I apologize. The RaceFace bars on there are not desirable for DH so I's ignore those
Thx u so much,i like that i Can chop it Down to precise mm for my wrists comfort,i broke it 2 times,bird bone in my wrist are so deformed that i cant bike on anything bigger than 760,its so painful that i cant use my hand for 3 days after, so Im gonna buy the kw edition besides it looks crazy good to mee and they Got In orange ,it just dosent get Any better ,i wil uploade pic here when i Got the bar Home and put it on the bike

·
Ian Limburg
114 Posts
Thx u so much,i like that i Can chop it Down to precise mm for my wrists comfort,i broke it 2 times,bird bone in my wrist are so deformed that i cant bike on anything bigger than 760,its so painful that i cant use my hand for 3 days after, so Im gonna buy the kw edition besides it looks crazy good to mee and they Got In orange ,it just dosent get Any better ,i wil uploade pic here when i Got the bar Home and put it on the bike
Great Choice man! The KW Edition should be perfect for you in that case! PNW Components that those bars come from has great quality and the customer service is literally unheard of! I have a dropper post from them that I had a small issue with so they mailed me a brand new one at no cost. I hope they work well and I'm looking forward to some pics! (y):D

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Why not just cut the bars that are already on it?

As for the rest of it, sounds like you bought a DH bike and make it ride like it's not a DH bike.
That would mean you basically bought the wrong bike.

·
Registered
Mint condition '06 Cannondale Prophet 600
91 Posts
I raced a 2011 Specialized Epic in a NICA race and was 7th in the state.
Awesome, man! I ride a 2006 full suspension Cannondale Prophet 600. With a classic lefty fork! That thing handles all the enduro I can throw at it.
@slapheadmofo
Try and criticize old bikes again.
I'll be honest. Trail bikes have really evolved in the last 10 years.
However -
Downhill bikes aren't THAT much different than they were in 2012. They still have straight steerers, 63 degree head angles. The components are still pretty solid too.

A good high quality marzocchi dh fork like that can be serviced at home, and will run just as well as the brand-new BoXXer your snobby arse bought yesterday.

Reactions: Michaelepritter

·
Ian Limburg
114 Posts
Awesome, man! I ride a 2006 full suspension Cannondale Prophet 600. With a classic lefty fork! That thing handles all the enduro I can throw at it.
@slapheadmofo
Try and criticize old bikes again.
I'll be honest. Trail bikes have really evolved in the last 10 years.
However -
Downhill bikes aren't THAT much different than they were in 2012. They still have straight steerers, 63 degree head angles. The components are still pretty solid too.

A good high quality marzocchi dh fork like that can be serviced at home, and will run just as well as the brand-new BoXXer your snobby arse bought yesterday.
And Good for you Noah Kubicek! The Cannondale Prophet is a sweet bike. I recently upgraded to a 2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC edition. It was a beautiful custom build with custom graphics. Have fun with your bike. I have a special place for older bikes as I have ridden to victory on many.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts