Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in the Seattle/Tacoma area in June for a reunion and I'll have one day for a ride. Since I haven't been out there in 30 years I have no idea where to go. I won't be able to bring a bike so I need to be able to rent one and hopefully get hooked up with a guide..can anybody help me out? Oops; forgot to mention, I'm strictly a cross country rider; just an old guy who rides to keep from dying early; nothing too hairy.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Seattle Rental Info

oldguy said:
I won't be able to bring a bike so I need to be able to rent one and hopefully get hooked up with a guide..can anybody help me out?
In addition to the ride calendar, there's also a partial listing of Rental Info for the Seattle area on the Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club (BBTC) website.

What time of the week will you be in town? That will affect who might have the time to give you a quick tour. The BBTC Ride Calendar is most useful for rides within an hour or so of Seattle. If you're going to be more in the Tacoma area instead of Seattle, try checking out the Singletrack Mind Cycling Club

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Middle Fork Snoqualmie Trail is a ride you can do without a guide. It's a great jaunt through the woods, along the river. There are some tricky spots but there are not too many trails around these parts that are overly buffed out and easy. It's about 45 minutes from Seattle.

Get back with us as you get closer to your time here and there may be even better options.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, don't misunderstand me; when I say that I'm not looking for anything too hairy, I'm not saying that I'm looking for a bike path either. I love roots, stream crossings, small drops etc. My favorite ride is Tsali in North Carolina, if you're familiar with it. Anything similar will be fine. To answer an earlier question, it looks like it will be a Monday or Tuesday (most likely Tuesday) that I'd have free to ride...still a little early to tell. Thanks for the help so far guys.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
oldguy said:
Hey, don't misunderstand me; when I say that I'm not looking for anything too hairy, I'm not saying that I'm looking for a bike path either. I love roots, stream crossings, small drops etc. My favorite ride is Tsali in North Carolina, if you're familiar with it. Anything similar will be fine. To answer an earlier question, it looks like it will be a Monday or Tuesday (most likely Tuesday) that I'd have free to ride...still a little early to tell. Thanks for the help so far guys.
Yah i've seen pictures of Pisgah and that area looks great. Best looking stuff i've seen on the East Coast, from the comfort of my computer chair anyways.

Anyways the problem with coming in June is we have so many aweseme mountain trails, but with our major windstorms we've had, and a good quantity of snow, you're missing access to alot of those trails by maybe weeks. Depends on how warm/dry our Spring turns out, and how busy the Forest Service gets with the chainsaws.

The thing about Middle Fork is that it's only open on odd-numbered days, so that might dictate your decision. And while off-board i am always selling people on Hawkens rides, in your case since your from out of town, Tolt is something i wouldn't recommend for your only shot to ride out here. Not a bad conselation option though.

Anyways here's a thread of a summer ride out there...

http://forums.mtbr.com/image.php?u=233278&dateline=1072298057

Besides it might be the last chance you ever have to ride it, if we dont' get our **** together and show the Forest Service we belong out there. But that's another story that has nothing to do with you.:D

Anyways ask about Tiger mountain too, if you do the Tolt ride maybe you could do a quick Tiger Mountain run and add that to the Tolt ride.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If nothing changes, the date I'd have available is June 5th so Middle Fork is definitely an option; unfortunately the evening ride at Tolt is less of an option....I'm leaving on the 6th assuming nothing changes. The wife is spending the day with some friends on the 5th so I'm pretty much locked into a day time ride....I wish I had more time..there's a lot of places I'd like to ride. Another time I guess. Anyway, as the time gets closer, I'll bring this up again, in the meantime, keep the ideas coming and again, much thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering what happened with that previous post....hehe
Wow! That looks like an incredible ride. I'll definitely put that on the list of possibilities. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
send me a pm or email at [email protected] when you get here; we'll hook you up with some rides. Middle Fork is a beauty; watch for one of Skookum's rides on th bbtc calendar and get ready for an adventure. One thing for sure, you'll find plenty of good trails to ride.
turtle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.