Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for a good set of clipless/platform pedals. I have those cheap Shimano clipless with the plastic cages and they suck. Everytime I ride DH I switch to platforms but then I switch back when I have a ride with a climb. I want pedals that are good for both. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
11,802 Posts
good luck. In my experience here in DH/FR it's either platform or clipless. I use 636's, someone else uses mallets, someone else uses atomic flats. Its all a matter of preference, that is unless mulletsRule… posts then the discussion quality degrades severely.

Personally I would check out the mallets because they have replaceable traction plates and they are a big platform. Maybe you can try them as flats or clipless, just by changing shoes. Or maybe not. I just don't think that their is a happy medium though, you may just have to keep changin' pedals. Try the 646's though if you like the shimano clipless action and feel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.