Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a fullface and elbow/shin protection. For the helmet something relativly breathable and not terribly expensive. (661?)
For the armor, I am really skinny and really tall 6'5" at 160 lbs. I have the rockgardn leg armor and the straps are too long for my legs and the shin protection is too short. Can you guys suggest something that would fit better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
alexchannell said:
I need to get a fullface and elbow/shin protection. For the helmet something relativly breathable and not terribly expensive. (661?)
For the armor, I am really skinny and really tall 6'5" at 160 lbs. I have the rockgardn leg armor and the straps are too long for my legs and the shin protection is too short. Can you guys suggest something that would fit better?
661 or azonic for the helmet and roach or 661 for the armor, but it's what feels best....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JBsoxB said:
661 or azonic for the helmet and roach or 661 for the armor, but it's what feels best....
Yeah I would just go try it differint armor on, but living in ohio, there are no shops remotely close that carry full faces or armor. I think I'm good for the helmet, just looking if someone thats skinny has had good luck with a particular brand of leg/arm armor (particularly the leg armor).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
alexchannell said:
Yeah I would just go try it differint armor on, but living in ohio, there are no shops remotely close that carry full faces or armor. I think I'm good for the helmet, just looking if someone thats skinny has had good luck with a particular brand of leg/arm armor (particularly the leg armor).
if the leg armor fits the length of your legs but the straps just won't get tight enough...you can just buy some extra velcro from a sewing store (even walmart carries it) and either sew some extra on where it's not catching or you could probably even super glue it or something if you can't sew or don't know anyone that can...I did this for my old man when his straps got too stretched out....you just have to cut the ends if they get too long and start flapping around...good luck on getting some armor to fit... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
get the fox racing launch 911 shin/knee pads- jsut got them a month ago, amazingly confortable and with their new starp system is the easiest things to take on and off with out re-tightening ro adjsting the straps and with their new system they dont move so they stay in place where they're suppost to be, for helmet, 661 makes sum pretty nice ones, but if you have the money Troy Lee Designs makes an amazing one too but im pretty sure its very pricy
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top