Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AndyFSR
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 03 Enduro Comp.
I have replaced the rear shock with a slightly longer FOX Vanilla (200 mm)
I would like to replace my front fork R/S Psylo XC, with something in the 130 mm to 150 mm range. Need to stay with quick release. I am also 200 lbs.
I am on a strict budget, so I have been surfing ebay and the like for a take off or used whatever. Your thoughts on the
Marzocchi All Mountain vs Dirt Jumper vs a Drop-off.
Manitou Nixon or Sherman. I know I need abrake adaptor for the manitou forks.
Fox Vanilla 130 or Talas.
Pros/cons on these choices.
Thanks,
Andy
 

·
carpe mañana
Joined
·
7,308 Posts
For the money, you won't be able to find a better deal than the 2005 Nixon Comp from Jenson: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK501A16-Manitou+Nixon+Comp+05.aspx

$219 gets you 32mm stanchions, ~4.5lb weight, 145mm of travel, and the good TPC damping.

All Mountain 1 and SL are the only two worth considering. All other have far inferior damping. Forget the DJs (boat anchors) and the Dropoffs. Foxes are pretty flexy in the 130mm mode.

_MK
 

·
AndyFSR
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

MK_ said:
For the money, you won't be able to find a better deal than the 2005 Nixon Comp from Jenson: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK501A16-Manitou+Nixon+Comp+05.aspx

$219 gets you 32mm stanchions, ~4.5lb weight, 145mm of travel, and the good TPC damping.

All Mountain 1 and SL are the only two worth considering. All other have far inferior damping. Forget the DJs (boat anchors) and the Dropoffs. Foxes are pretty flexy in the 130mm mode.

_MK
I have been looking into the Nixon, any idea on what he stock springs replacement are set up for? I uderstand replacements are only about 20 bucks. Also what about brake adaptors, any good sources?
Thanks
I weigh in at 205-210 lbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Just in case you don't know, the 03 enduro is warrantied for a fork no longer than 130mm travel. Also make sure the rear link is turned to the slacker head setting or your geometry is going to be very steep with the longer shock, even at 130mm.

andyfsr said:
I have been looking into the Nixon, any idea on what he stock springs replacement are set up for? I uderstand replacements are only about 20 bucks. Also what about brake adaptors, any good sources?
Thanks
I weigh in at 205-210 lbs.
 

·
AndyFSR
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warranty. Oh well..

tcp said:
Just in case you don't know, the 03 enduro is warrantied for a fork no longer than 130mm travel. Also make sure the rear link is turned to the slacker head setting or your geometry is going to be very steep with the longer shock, even at 130mm.
Actually 130mm will probably be the limit. I have also alreadt install a slightly longer shock on the rear (approx. 10mm longer).
Thanks for the info.
A3
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top