Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help, the last bike I rode was a 98 Cannondale Super V (just sold) and am looking for my first fat bike. If your budget was $799.00 and wanted a bike on it's way to you tomorrow (don't want to wait for a Boris) what would you order. I'm thinking one of these Save up to 60% off new Fat Bikes and Mountain Bikes - MTB - SE [email protected] Fat Bikes
On Sale Framed Minnesota 1.0 Fat Bike Red 2014
If your tastes are more exotic than these lowly choices, please don't slum around in this post merely for my benefit. I appreciate any info guys and gals

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Were you the original owner of the Super V? How often will you be riding your new bike once you get it? Where is NEPA?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Second owner of the Super V, had it set up for downhill back when "freeriding" was the word of the day. I'm in Northeast Pennsylvania, and will be cruising around with my kids, but also want to mess around on some trails, nothing crazy. I've had fun on $3,000.00 bikes and $50.00 bikes, they are all just bikes to me. I don't require the latest and greatest, which is funny because when I was young and broke, I would scrimp and save to get a Ti this or a carbon fiber that, but now that I'm on the other side of 40 (and have a few more bucks) I could give a rat's ass about the bestest and shiniest out there. Just trying to keep my balance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd spend an extra $100 and go with the Minnesota 2.0 if you're planning on trail riding.

The Minnesota only has one bottle mount, where I think the [email protected] has two. That might be important to you. Hubs on the Minnesota are sealed cup/cone, [email protected] are sealed cartridge. I'm not overly impressed with the hubs on my 2.0, but they seem to be holding up ok.

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
If a bike is just a bike to you and there is no difference between a $3000 and a $50.00 bike to you just get a Wallgoose and be done with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If a bike is just a bike to you and there is no difference between a $3000 and a $50.00 bike to you just get a Wallgoose and be done with it.
I sat on a Dozer at the local TOys R Us and it is a bit small, so the Dolomite would also be small for me, I ordered a SE [email protected] and hope to have some fat fun soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any update on the SE? I just completely my order for one of these bikes about an hour ago. Should have it in a few days. I realize that my seasons are a bit wrong for this bike (I live in MT and most of the snow is gone already). But I'm still looking forward to riding this beast on some sandy trails up here!

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,637 Posts
Look for a used Fatty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts