Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has either a KS lev or rockshox reverb dropper post can you do me a huge favor? I want to get a dropper post for bikepacking but I need one strong enough on the upstroke to still be able to go up with ~10 pounds in a seat bag, preferably more. If you own one of these, is there anyway you can do the experiment for me and see if it will work?

The experiment doesn't have to be done with a seatbag, for instance you could just put a gallon jug of water on the seat and see if it will still go up. I dont need exact measurements here of how much it works with, just curious if these posts are even be remotely strong enough to go up with weight attached or if this is a lost cause and I should just not get one.

I emailed both companies multiple times to ask about this and have gotten no response so I came here instead. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
687 Posts
dumb question since i just put a dropper (Giant contact) on my bike in the fall and i have not had a chance to ride with it yet - but would you not stand on your pedals a bit when extending the seat upwards? thus taking some weight off of the post mechanism

·
There's always next year.
877 Posts
Can't answer your question right now but I would stay away from the Reverb. I had 2 fail on me my Lev(non integra) had been going strong for a year before I sold my bike.
Exact opposite for me. Had two different KS posts fail, and got cruddy service from KS. Just sold them for parts, and went to a Reverb. Have had no issues with the post at all. With that said... bike packing might make me go with something cable operated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Exact opposite for me. Had two different KS posts fail, and got cruddy service from KS. Just sold them for parts, and went to a Reverb. Have had no issues with the post at all. With that said... bike packing might make me go with something cable operated.
I'm waiting for the Thomson Stealth to be released. Sorry to the OP for getting off topic.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,603 Posts
Just by reading reviews I have heard the Reverb is the dropper to buy. Too bad they don't have one with a 27.2mm diameter or else I would have bought one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.