Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going up to flagstaff this weekend and i need directions to mt. eldon. Ive ridden the trail before but cant remember how to get there :confused: . I live in mesa so good directions from there would be helpfull or directions from flagstaff are good too. Also im on a low budget and am in need of some good places to camp. Near the trail if possible. any information you can give me would be helpful thanks.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
legrand said:
Im going up to flagstaff this weekend and i need directions to mt. eldon. Ive ridden the trail before but cant remember how to get there :confused: . I live in mesa so good directions from there would be helpfull or directions from flagstaff are good too. Also im on a low budget and am in need of some good places to camp. Near the trail if possible. any information you can give me would be helpful thanks.
Head north on I-17. Take the Flagstaff exit, which is actually just the end of I-17 where it interesects I-40. Continue on main drag (Milton Ave). Milton will go under a railroad bridge and veer right. Stay in left lane and turn left at next light onto Humphrey's St. Go ~9 blocks and turn left at light with left turning lane onto Fort Valley Rd, or Rt 180. Go a bit over 2 miles and turn right at Schultz Creek Rd - there is a sign before the turn. The road V's around an area of parking under pine trees - Schultz Creek road veers left, and Elden road veers right. Best camping is off of Schultz either just after it turns to dirt or all the way at the top near Schultz Pass (all rustic camping, bring a shovel if you know what I mean). Trails are everywhere! Buy a guidebook or Flag map at your LBS today and have fun!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Check out Jdub347's post, he is asking the same question. Him and I are headed up to Flag from Tucson on Saturday, gonna be up there for about a week, may head over to Sodona too. We are gonna stop off by Absolute Bikes (downtown flagstaff on San Francisco St. just north of Rte 66) to check and see about some recommendations for good camp sites. So far the best advice I see is camping off of Schultz Creek road which is off of 180 on the edge of town.

Bikes up - Cars down

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scanjok said:
Check out Jdub347's post, he is asking the same question. Him and I are headed up to Flag from Tucson on Saturday, gonna be up there for about a week, may head over to Sodona too. We are gonna stop off by Absolute Bikes (downtown flagstaff on San Francisco St. just north of Rte 66) to check and see about some recommendations for good camp sites. So far the best advice I see is camping off of Schultz Creek road which is off of 180 on the edge of town.

Bikes up - Cars down

Hey maybe if you want we can work out a deal where we can have one car take all of us up the mountain and another car parked at the bottom. Im just thinking lazy though, but if youre interested reply or call my number 480-703-1561

·
Registered
379 Posts
legrand said:
Hey maybe if you want we can work out a deal where we can have one car take all of us up the mountain and another car parked at the bottom. Im just thinking lazy though, but if youre interested reply or call my number 480-703-1561

Well - as fun as hauling down hills sounds, we plan to leave the cars alone and ride eveywhere, putting in as many miles possible even into the towns coffee shops. How many people are going with you and anyone down for some epic rides.

Bikes Up - Cars Down

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 3 going with me and we were going to just ride mt. eldon. We might be staying there tonight, but most likely driving up early tomarrow morning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts